Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Proof that I am a good teacher.

Beginning my earth science lesson today, I began with review from yesterday: Describe the big bang.

Me: Nat?

Nat: The thing in England with the clock.

Me: No, that is Big Ben.  Jeremy, what is the big bang?

Jeremy: Kolean singing gloup.

Me: What?

Jeremy: Kolean singing gloup, pop stars from Kolea (Korean singing group, popstars from Korea).

Me: No Jeremy, we are not talking about the same Big Bang.  Kevin?

Kevin: Bom bom.

Me: No.  That is the worst answer yet.  Jim?

Jim: Can I draw a picture?

Me: Ok.

Jim (comes up and draws two circles on the board): The big bang was a meteor hitting earth that caused all of the dinosaurs to die.

Me: No, not the right answer Jim.  Mino, want to give it a try?

Mino: The explosion that made everything.

Me: Ok, I'll take it.

No comments: