Friday, September 26, 2008

Gary Gam Dang

Many of the random locals here have begun calling me Gary Gam Dang, which means Gary Red Cheeks.  Although this name was originally made up by an American, it has stuck well with the Thais.  Many of the teachers at school call me it as well as many people outside of school.  I am not sure exactly how it has spread so fast, but one idea has something to do with a teacher always introducing me as Gary Gam Dang, even when she is on stage in front of a hundred people.  All in all, it could be a worse nickname.  I have heard of several internationals here who have nicknames like Elephant and Fat so no complaints on my end.

1 comment:

Steve Clough said...

Dude, looks like you're having a great time! I wish I'd have thought of that...Gary Gam Dang! HA!