Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello from the future.

Sawat dee bee mai krap. (I think this means "Happy New Years")

  Tonight was a good night.  I spent the night with a few friends (including Mark from England, who thinks my name is Chris) at a BarBQ.  I spent the hour of midnight at Kata beach watching the fireworks display.  One km to the South is Kata-Noi beack, two km to the North is Karon beach, and all three beaches had firework displays visible from where I was (there were also a few displays inland that I could see).  All in all, a very good night.

  You would think that nearing the end of my of my three week holiday, I would have more to write, but I have little to add.  I have a new Thai nickname; it is "Moo Noi" meaning "Baby Pig."  I am not sure if this is a sign of acceptance or rejection.

  So, with nothing else to add, I wish you all a happy new years.  Bye bye.

1 comment:

David said...

Gary:
When you have a little time in your two year vacation (LOL), please drop a line. You will find me at "pembertonian"

David