Sunday, August 31, 2008

A quick update

Hello,

Here is my quick update:

I completed my first full week of teaching.  It was a lot of work.  It was difficult.  But I enjoyed it.  A lot.  For those of you who don't know, I am teaching 6 different classes, which means that I have to organize 30 different lessons each week.  I am teaching earth science, physical science, chemistry, physics, algebra 2 and precalculus.  The science teachers also elected me department chair (my four votes beat out Mariah's two) and I am looking at an impressive resume when I finally finish here.  But for now, it is a lot of work.  But, I enjoy it.

I have already from several teachers that multiple students really like me.  This is very encouraging.  Especially since some of the students who like me were involved in a petition last year to get rid of the teachers who formerly had my position.  All in all, good things.

Life outside of teaching doesn't realy exist anymore.  Outside of the weekend, I might have a few free hours a night that are spent eating, cruising on my bike, and sometimes playing pool at a local bar.  I am becoming quite the pool shark and had a Belgium man swearing at me the other day for beating him over and over again.

Once again, just about everything here is going well.  Life is good.

No comments: