Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tonight and life so far

  I would like to believe that I am going to update this frequently, and include everthing that has happened so far, but the truth is I probably won't.  With that said, here is what has been happening in my life:

  This week was my first week teaching students.  There was a halfday on Thursday and a full day on Friday, so overall, very manageable.  I like my classes.  Although I am now in charge of teaching six different classes (earth science, physical science, chemistry, physics, algebra 2 and precalc), I am excited for them.  Unfortunately, I believe that the learning curve for my first year of teaching will be steep and painful.  Fortunately, I am surrounded by a staff that I enjoy and am confident will be willing to help me.

  I spend my day today relaxing and riding my new motorbike.  A beautiful Honda airblade (125 cc and automatic) I am very excited to have my own transportation for my free time.  I am currently at a local bar, a personal favorite, and I just got my butt handed to me in pool by several beautiful Thai bargirls.  I do not feel ashamed though, because I am sure that they play for hours a day.

  Life so far...  It is great.  There are a lot of things about this place that I have experienced and loved, and many more yet to try.  I have eated fresh pineapples and mangoes (although they are currently out of season) and drank out of coconuts while on the beach.  I have watched the sun set over the mountains and ocean and had Thai massages.  I have found places that I enjoy and can call my own.  Overall, I am adjusting well.

  I hope that everything is going well for all of you in the states and I hope that I can occasionally update this.  If it has not been updated in a while, know that I am either busy planning lessons or getting a sweet tan on hte beach (while it is winter over there).  I love you all.

No comments: